Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Snow in Alabama



I have lived in AL for 9 years and 6 months. It has never snowed. It did today. The snow won't stick, it hasn't been cold enough for long enough. It was pretty while it lasted.

It was after 4:30 PM when I could get these photos - so they are dark.

You are seeing the back of our house, the deck & then also a look from the back of the house towards the front. The front of the house faces the lake (only there is no water there right now...)

I think I got more snowflakes ont he lens of the camera!

The roads will probably be a horrible mess tomorrow. North East Alabama does not get enough fowl weather for the municipalities to spend any money on emergency equipment for fowl weather - so when it does get bad - everything literally shuts down, closes....

I don't think that will happen with this particular snow event - but! I could be wrong!


Sam

No comments: