I can't remember if I posted anything about when I started these blocks & I'm too lazy to look & see.
I had a bunch, I mean a BUNCH of fat quarters in my "lights/neutral" bin. They were too dark to use as LIGHTS next to anything medium & some of them are just plain dark neutrals. Like tans & dark cream colors. I had contemplated giving them away, but frankly I had SO MANY of them, I cringed at how much $$$ I had wrapped up in them. So I figured I would cut them up & use them all in one quilt.
And Ravens Wing was born.
I am setting them ON-POINT - with no borders.
First photo is of the block
Oops! Sewed the side setting triangle on wrong.
3 rows. I'm really liking where this is going! I want it 10 blocks across, so I still need 7 more rows....
This is the side setting triangle. This pattern does not give directions for on-point settings or anything to do for being on point, so I had to figure it out myself. You can't just make a block & cut it in half. It does not work that way. It took me 3 tries to get the block the way I wanted it. Simply could not wrap my head around the parts I wasn't completing.
I really suck at math. Big time. So with out borders I figure I need an additional 192, counted again & needed 224. That's a 32 block spread. Told 'ya, I suck at math. At any rate, I'm not getting all bothered about how many more that I need to make, because right now I only have THREE more done!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!
As I complete rows, I'll post pictures. I'll have to save my pennies, All this work, I'll want it custome quilted!