Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Non-Traditional Log Cabin


This is another Log Cabin Quilt. It's very NON-traditional.

I made this for DD#2 - I lack getting borders on it.

My "helpers" were kind enough to hold it for me, I couldn't figure out how to crop them out!

Thought you'd like to see the wild side of the Cabin! these colors are really out of my comfort zone - I am very , very NOT these colors. But it is HAPPY & DD#2 likes it. It will have purple borders & I am intending on quilting it with something really girlly , like butterflies & flowers or double butterflies....in power purple thread. I'll probably end up with motion sickness before I'm finished.
I don't like brights, I don't like batiks, and I don't like huge prints. I am totally drwan to rich deep browns , reds, blues....Civil War Reproduction prints, or my absolute fave: Thimbleberries! I also like 30's reproductions, but not nearly as much as the other 2. I never get tired them, or so it seems. I think i have made 3 or 4 Red/White/Blue quilts int he last 5 years. Both my DD's sigh & roll thier eyes when they set (yet) another r/w/b quilt!

Sam

No comments: