Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Seven Sisters Quilt






This is the raffle Quilt that I am quilting for the Collinsville Quilt Walk. I was supposed to have it done last Saturday - but we were working on the wall in the shop again. I NEED the wall up, so i had to put off quilting.

This is a traditional english paper-pieced Seven Sisters pattern. It reminds me of a Chinese Checkers board. I am going to buy lots of raffle tickets because I really like this one! the muslin background is a tone on tone print with little roses on it. So I chose to quilt it with a pantograph called "Rosewood" by Willow Leaf Studio. It has rose buds on it & compliments the quilt very well. I am usning monofiliament thread on the top too.

this post also shows you the progress we have made on the "studio" too !


Sam

No comments: