Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fon's & Porter's Fairies



I bought the Fon's & Porter's latest edition of "Kid's Quilts". In it is a quilt made from the newest panels out by Michael Miller fabrics. They are the fairies of Cicely Mary Barker 9I might have her name not only misspelled, but twisted)

Anyway , I thought it was JUST adorable. i didn't want to shop hop trying to find it, so I thought I'd order a kit from them. Guess how much they wanted for the kit???? Please remember that this is a child's quilt & it only measured 66 X 90....F&P wanted $73 for the kit. Well...I decided to surf a little...

I went to ebay and found the main "panel" for $6.99 and the accompanying smaller "panel" (10 or 12 images in the small )for $6.25 each. I felt like that was a good deal. I bought the YELLOW fairy panel (seen), and 2 matching smaller panels (you need 18 to amke the quilt and there are not 18 in one), the blue & the pink. that's enough to make 3 quilts ...for a grand total WITH shipping of $71.

No, I didn't get the border fabrics, but I figured I could/would find those somewhere someday when I was ready to make them.

I'm NOT making them anytime soon.

I thought I'd save them for the day i have grand-daughters. Which is extremely pre-mature of me, and I'll likely ONLY ever have grand-sons because I want to make girly things and smock sweet little dresses.....

Talk to ya'll later!

sam

1 comment:

Kat said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE FAIRIES....I think I have some christmas fairies stashed away somewhere....