Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blog Updating

It's been about 2 weeks since I posted. I have done zero sewing, and zero long arm quilting. I have been a little more than self absorbed & didn't feel like posting all my blahs.....I'm over my funk, however, I am NOT over my frustration or stress. Well, I THINK I'm over the stress. ...

You all ever have shingles? 4 times in 8 years, that's how many times I've had them.

DD#2 had ANOTHER car accident. She just had one in September.....totaled this car too, and the one she hit. I can't afford her on my insurance anymore.....She's okay....and soon as the check for the car gets here from the insurance company....She gets what they give us & she has to pay her own car insurance too....I am scared about what her driving history is going to do to our insurance premiums....sky rocket or cancelled, maybe both....

Evidintly this was more stress than I could take, and my shingles acted up! I was SICK, sick, sick and in a great deal of PAIN. I'm a wimp when it comes to meds, makes me physically ill...but the pain was enough to take them & be sick too.

Normally? I am a very "strong" individual. I am not prone to having episodes of illness, or breakdowns or being sick. I'm just not...but , seems like I been there a lot lately....And I take vitiamins...

So, now you know why I have refrained from posting...LIFE, you know? It gets busy...

I did get my Log Cabin quilt loaded onto my long arm machine. I got about 2 rows quilted & I kept breaking the thread. I seem to have a little knick, or tear in the "O" ring that surrounds the wheel on the stitch regulator, so I am stuck until I order another one! Darn it! Finally something for myself on the rails & I hit a wall. Oh well. Maybe I'm not in the right stage of mind to be sewing anyway, right? I am using the pantograph called "Facination" from Willow Leaf Studio. I did this same pantograph on my friend, Kat's, quilt & i really liked the movement of it & decided I use it on one of my own quilts.

Today, after all this nasty weather we have had, is BEAUTIFUL. the sun is shining, and the birds are singing. It seems like SPRING. We even have the back door open & the baby gate up , so that the dogs & cats can go outside & sun themselves on the back deck. It's simply gorgeous.

I'll post when I have something better to write about!!!

Sam

2 comments:

Barb said...

I was wondering where you have been. Have missed your postings. It was a bad month for alot of us...but maybe we will all overcome it and get back to sewing again. I am glad you are doing better. These kids will be the death of us. I am glad your daughter was okay, now you can choke her out (ha...just kidding).

Skeeredofbarkingspiders said...

Goodness.. I have had a case of shingles Twice in my lifetime. It is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy(well maybe my ex husband lol).