Friday, July 17, 2009

July 16th Sit-N-Sew

Last night, I felt like the hostess with the mostest. QB1 came & QB3 came. QB1 & I cut out the fat 1/8's for our Pineapple Patch Quilts & QB3 cut out borders for her Pink Lemonade Quilt.

QB1 had this week off, but I think she's been run ragged & went home a little early. But she was up sending me photos of our quilts form Monday's Guild meeting. How come you were not asleep @ 10PM QB1 ????

There were all 3 of us in my sewing area. I set up a folding table , on bed risers, and it was used as a cutting area. I need more light up there, but other than that, it worked out really well.

Before I retired for the eveing, I looked through the new blogs on the quilting blog ring. I saw a new blog (can't remember the name of it) that advertised , mentioned really, not advertised, a website called www.urbanelementz.com (sorry folks, I'm clueless how to LINK anything...They make pantographs. Some were SO cute. They have a "Pantograph-of-the-Month" program. I joined it. A new panto with co-ordinating border & corner & block patterns for $19.95 per month. You can cancel at anytime.

I saw several that they have, that I want. One is of FROGS ! Too cute.

Maybe one day, I'll graduate to the custom quilting, as I really want to try my hand at it, but I need to spend more time on the machine practicing & until the time comes that I have more free time then I have now, then I need to stick to E2E patterns. (Edge-to-Edge / Pantographs)And, I am happy doing that!

Tomorrow (Saturday), QB1 & I are going to 2 quilt shops. I am excited aobut going and I have a couple bucks I've saved just for this trip. That being said, since I SAVED said BUCKS, I bet I won't find a stinking thing. It's been you only have $10, that you find EVERYTHING you want & need!

No photos! Sorry.

Sam

No comments: