Friday, July 24, 2009

Busy With??? These !





Remember I told you that QB1 & I started a quilt project? Not exactly a single project. Not 2 of us working on ONE quilt. We're each making one....It's called "Pineapple Patch" & was in the McCall's Quilting in 2007 (originally I thought it was 2001...) I couldn't find an exact picture of the QUILT, but you can still download the directions for co-ordinating pillowcases.

I took a picture of the pattern - so that is as good as it's going to get. the very last picture shows the 2 bags that I am working from the upper bag is the scraps that I have left from cutting the block fabrics from the fat 8's. the lower one is the triangles i have left to sew on. the leftovers are slotted for the appliqued flowers int he borders and the same on the pillowcases.

These photos show you my progress! I have the centers completed and am fixing to start the first round of the strips & triangles that give the blocks the pineapple effect. Only - I'm gong to cheat just a bit. The pattern has you cutting rectangles & then chopping of the ends at an angle to create trapezoids & then sew them on.

I feel that the bulk of the seams is going to be there regardless if I sew trapezoids (sp?) or rectangles (lots easier to spell...) so instead of cutting the required trapezoids, I am going only cut rectangles, sew them on all sides of the sqaures & then TRIM the corners off before I sew the triangles on.

In MY mind I am eliminating a step or two & creating LESS bias edges to deal with....

I am trying very hard to get the bulk of THIS quilt finished so that I can start making THE baby quilt for DD2. When I get that done, I am going to make the crib set for the crib that stay's at Nana's house. (Yes, y'all, Nana will be me) Then if I have ANY time left - I want to TRY & get a Christmas Quilt done.

Don't even think about holding your breath on the Christmas Quilt. THAT might not happen.

On top of all my other busy-ness - this is what I have been able to squeeze in between. Thank goodness for rotary cutters and chain piecing.

Sam

3 comments:

allsewnup said...

This is quite the quilt. I can't wait to see the finished project.
This pattern may just need a closer peek!!
Carolyn*

Barb said...

That quilt will be wonderful...and yes...gotta love the rotary cutter and chain piecins.

Wonky Girl said...

The quilt will be lovely! Could not find the pillow case pattern to get a look at how the block is assembled. Is it anything close to surrounding the 4-patch with strips and squares like Bonnie's Pineapple Blossom pattern (at Quiltville)?