Sunday, March 25, 2012

Irish Stars #1

Finshed Irish Stars (#1) this week. Hung it off the deck railing for pictures. it was slightly windy today, but the colors look much more accurate in real light than spread onthe floor or on one of the beds. That....and the fact that it's 18:45 PM.





As you can see, I opted NOT to make the piano key border. I love this red. I have been saving it for a while. I think I bought it at the Quilting Bee in Camden (TN). She doesn't sell many Civil War prints, she said they don't sell well....Darn it! & I LOVE them...


Oh! In case you think it's hung wrong...I didn't have any place I could hang it & get a full shot, so it's sideways........3 across & 4 DOWN.

Sam

4 comments:

Barb said...

This is fabulous!

~Joan said...

That is so beautiful. I will start one some day!

Wonky Girl said...

Beautiful quilt!

~Joan said...

So, how big did your Irish Stars end up being? Any hints on faster sewing than the non-existent directions suggest?