Sunday, March 20, 2011

On Eagles Wings - The Beginning



This is my *new* paper piecing project. Another Pineapple - but it harly resembles the last one.

The pattern is called "On Eagles Wings" - by Laundry Basket Quilts

Don't hold your breath thinking it's going to get done anytime soon. The last one took over 3 years.

I am pretty certain that I will NOT set these on-point, only because I think my eye is drawn too quickly to the line of black/white rows that the design would create. I will set them side by side, straight set, alternating a shirting/light geese block with a black geese block.

How many do I have done? HHHmmmm....5 or 6. How many do I need? No clue really. I printed 100. Only because the last PP project I completed - the blocks were 8.25" unfinished. These are slightly SMALLER.

These seem to go really fast! There are only 4 pieces less than the last project, but in this *new* project: In each block the center & all corner/geese are the same color, each "side" is the same color. No time spent checking/sorting/making decisions. Pretty easy.

I am excited about it.

Sam

1 comment:

Barb said...

This is going to be one awesom quilt....