Sunday, September 16, 2012

Update & Non-Quilting Project

Well, a week ago last Thursday, I caught a nasty stomach virus. Ended up in the E/R hooked up to an IV for dehydration & tests because orginally I didn't think it was a VIRUS. I'm better now & I will spare you the ugly details. I was however well enough to attend my quilt guild meeting on Monday. It was a blast. I always LOVE going to those meetings. I got to sit & sew with my little group of women. I even brought a guest with me.

I work with a woman , she's in Houston, that is a quilter too! And I have been doing a little bit of longarm quilting for her in the last 2 years. I think 2 years. She was attending a class near Nashville & decided to spend some time with me & my family. Mary-Alice thanks for visiting!!! I hope she comes back for another visit.

Thursday I got my embroidery machine fixed. It's been broken since June. I had a tech out in August but after he timed it & fixed it, another part broke off. Took another month to get the part & then another 2 weeks to get a different tech out to install the "part".

This is what I made! Aren't they cute?



They are a little zippered pouch & they are completely done on the embroidery machine. I had a little issue with my thread shredding on the green owl, but I was making really late last night & failed to even THINK about changing the needle...so I guess I need to make a 2nd one of green. Darn.

See Y'All Later1
Sam

No comments: