Sunday, September 23, 2012

Star Struck Class

On saturday 09/22 I helped give a class on bonnie Hunter's Star Struck - Most of the women that attended already knew how to make one or had made a quilt with these instructions. We still had fun!

this first phot shows us all setting up - Our Guild is fortunate to be able to use the basement of a church for our guild functions. It's a nice large basement area & the tables are always set up.


I had a brain fart & thought it was a wise idea to have a sort of story board with all the steps & the fabrics done up for each step. This worked out really great .



I chose to do my (3rd !) Star Stuck in 2 colors. Just Blue & Cream. Though there are 25 different BLUE & 25 different CREAM - this is one star short of being the width that I want it to be for a quessn size quilt (not including borders of course!)

Here are some of my guild buddies!

More of my guild buddies - hamming it up


I dont' remember what this shot was....

One of the guild ladies in this group was making her Star Struck in Black & Red. It was VERY striking. I told everyone that I was going to post these pictures on my blog but that I WOULD NOT use anyone's names - so don't take what I am typing as rudeness! The lady that has her back to us in this photo? I especially LOVED her SS as she was using primarily Thimbleberries! All scrappy too! My favorite! 

That concludes my Saturday sewing! We had a ball & I enjoyed myself a LOT.

Sam

No comments: