Sunday, August 12, 2012

Squeaking By

The pitfalls of sewing with scraps.... I didn't have enough to make & finish the binding. I came up one piece shot. 3"X36" I fished some other black out of my stash & sewed it on to the one side of the strip I found in my trashcan. Still didn't have enough, dug some more in my trash & found 2 pieces 2 inches wide, sewed THOSE 2 together & then I had enough.

The seams where I added on will be hidden in the binding. Might wear more quickly, but if I am honest with myself..........None of my quilts are used enough to fray the bindings off!

I hope you can see it, you might have to click on the pictures to enlarge them

good night!


No comments: