Friday, February 11, 2011

Pantographs - Free Ones!

I have several sites that I order from. One is Willow Leaf Studios & the other is Urban Elementz. Sometimes I'll order from Columbia River or Kingsmen. Depends on the product & whether or not I need it NOW or not.

I like Willow Leaf becasue they have them rated: Easy / Intermediate / Advanced. I consider myself an advanced pantograph user, but sometimes you just don't WANT advanced. "Advanced" normally means DENSE. As in densely patterned. Tight. Lot's of stitches or lot's of changes in direction. Sometimes the quilt itself does NOT lend well to a dense quilting pattern. For instance - Flannel Quilts. Anything intricate is totally lost on an all flannel quilt. Or if the quilt has little teeny tiny peices. My Pineapple Quilt is one I would not have liked a dense pattern on.

I like Urban Elementz becasue they have some very un-traditional patterns. Many times you can match a quilt theme to one of thier patterns. You have to keep in mind, though, that you MIGHT not ever use that pantograph again, when it's themed. They have a panto-of-the-month program that I had belonged to, but since I was buying more pantographs than I was quilting for quilts for customers....well, I stopped the membership. However - they have WONDERFUL pantographs. No ratings though. I have found that U/E's pantographs are all dense. You are going to quilt a LOT if you use their pantographs!

I have an equal amount of Pantographs from W/L & U/E. But the purpose of my post today is to tell you - the readers that use a long arm or short arm quilting system - that Urban elementz has some new FREE Pantographs posted on thier wesite. Yes, I know - you have to print & tape....it's free! What do you expect? They have "Leaping Lizards" & "Strawberry Fields" that are just too cute! You never know when you'll need JUST THAT pattern!

Get yours today!

Sam

1 comment:

Wonky Girl said...

Thank you for posting about free panto's. I have a new Handi Quilter that will be set up this week end. It came with a beginners panto and I just ordered Ebb and Flow from Columbia Quilting. I'm not planning on quilting for others but I do finish about two charity quilts a month. Didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on panto's.
Now I must go see the free :)