Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dear Jane Block A-1

I have decided to TRY & make a Dear Jane Quilt. ONly, I'm a wimp. I am NOT doing one with blocks that finish 4.5 inches. No way. I am making it with my freind Chernal & QB1. And MY blocks finish @ 7.5. What's that? 200% bigger?

Here is block A-1


This is the mess I made to make ONE block. I used the backing fabric off my pineapple quilt & the border fabric from my pineapple quilt. I decided I'll just use what ever I can put my hands on. Nothing co-ordinated. So I have , wht?, 132 blocks left???? I think it will either make a 2 sided quilt, or more than one quilt. ONly time & effort will tell.


Here is a look at one of my *new* projects. I am making it in Red/White/Blue. Various shades of each. It is a variation of a "Lady-Of-The-Lake" pattern called "Belle Meade" by Bonnie Blue Quilts. I'm branching out a bit & using some papers that I already have instead of using the "triangle papers" the pattern calls for & I'm not silly enough to make ALL THOSE HST's without a method!


I should have got MUCH more done this weekend, but Saturday moring while taking my dogs out, I slipped & fell in the mud/snow & wrenched my back & bruised my thigh. I been moving around a little slow......THAT might be overstating my ability right now. I feel better than I did yesterday - but I can't move fast nor lift anything.

I'll tell ya......I'm sick of snow. It didn't last this time. But it made a muddy mess. Just tired of it. For a state that "doesn't get too much snow", we have had more than I have ever seen in my life. I don't know how people up north can stand it.

Sam

No comments: