Monday, June 27, 2016

Try , Try & Try Again!

How many times do you have to use a different holder to get a wire pantry shelf to stay in a door?????

Pick me! Pick me! I know the answer.....3 times.

Yep 3 times. 3 different methods. 3rd time's a charm.

I wanted these 8 shelf wire pantry things for the inside of the closet doors in my sewing room. I got them from Home Depot. I don't want to put holes in the door, so I used the outdoor Command Hooks for cords. I figured since there were 16 hooks holding the wire shelf to the door there's no way it would come off. I was wrong. Strike one. While the hooks held the wire shelf to the door I could NOT put anything on the shelves. The whole thing fell off the door. In. The. Middle. Of. The. Night. Yah. That! Made me angry! So I pondered some & decided I would use the Command Hooks for hanging pictures on the wall. The strips wouldn't stick to the wire. So? I glued them on. With Gorilla Glue. Well guess what? Strike 2. The strips would not stick to the other strips. So? What am I going to do? Well.......if I want those shelves in the doors I will HAVE TO drill holes & use toggles. I figure it's MY house. I'm living in it. I won't be taking them down.

No strike 3. It's working & I loaded her up!!

I still have the other door to do.

No comments: