Friday, April 15, 2016

Wallet - It's quilting Fabric - So? It counts!






I have 3 wallet patterns & this one seemed the least intimidating. So it was first. Add to that? Someone was kind enough to walk me thru the steps last month while I was at a quilt show.

I really REALLY like how it turned out! I made 3 so far. One for each of my girls & then this one for me. I have some RED batik fabrics that I'm going to make another one for myself.



Front View

Side View


Opens & Lies Flat


Pocket - Holds my checkbook


Another Pocket - I shove receipts in here !


Zippered Pocket


Nice Size!



The hardest part of this project  - well 3 things actually - all the pieces are very similar in size.
#1 Labeling is my best friend. No way I could have done it without labeling the pieces!
#2 - Buying the clasps. they want $8.99 plus tax for these suckers! I'm cheap. Knew I could find them cheaper. I did. On Etsy. From China $3.20 each. Worked out to be $4.20 each with shipping & it took like 15 days to get here from there. If you would save $5.69 on EACH clasp you'd wait 2 weeks too! (I'm going to be showing a few of my friends how to do these wallets too so I ordered a dozen!)
#3 - I bought some of this specialty fabric that is infused with some sort of metal to deter tech theft of the cards. It's EXPENSIVE !!! $25 a yard. But you only use a little piece - so it will go a long way. You can't iron or wash that metal security fabric either. Personally? I don't know if it works or not. But if it does it was a good idea. If it don't? I wasted my money!

when I make a few of the other ones from the patterns I have hoarded I'll be sure to post them here. I have bought some really pretty fabrics (definitely out of my comfort zone) that are NOT Civil War Re-pro's. I know! That's totally not like me at all.

Y'All have a great day! The sun is shining here in Middle Tennessee today & it's gorgeous!

M





No comments: