Monday, June 17, 2013

Everlasting Wreath Quilt (AKA: Never Ending Wreath Quilt)

I am sorry, but EVERY time I think of the name of this quilt? I think of that movie with Atreyu & Falcor....The Neverending Story! Thus I have dubbed my Everlasting Wreath Quilt, the Never Ending quilt. That and well? It's going to take 40 forevers to ever get it done.

This is a picture off the webiste of Laundry Basket Quilts. They are the designer of the pattern for the Everlasting Wreath:

Obviously, I will make it BIGGER. As is my normal practice. I like 'em big! And..........before you even ask, I have no clue how I'll finish the edges. I have not got that far & I will likely change my mind a dozen times before I get to that point. Pretty sure I won't have to worry about it THIS year.

Here are a few photos of some of the blocks I have done & the rotary cutter is there for SIZE comparison. Yes, I KNOW it's pictured on a cutting mat but you might not have figred that one out..... I think I need 100, maybe more, of the hexagon blocks with the LIGHT sides for the size I want. How many do I have so far? Good question y'all ! I have 18. I have 1 with all darks. Yep, long way to go yet.



heavy sigh, the reason for my post tonight is to show you how sick dedicated I am. I ran out of LIGHT strips. So I needed to cut more. See this stack of lights/shirtings?



I dragged out 22 differnt shirtings prints & cut 1 strip from each one 1.5 inces wide by WOF. It took me an hour and a half. Unfold, cut one 1.5" strip, refold. Repeat. I have a whole shelf of shirtings/thimbleberries creams. I usually buy 2 yards & I use these as my neutrals or lights in any quilt that I might make. Same prints are in my Spools Quilt too! Some of my 2 yard cuts are no loner much more than a yard! I'll need to restock my stash. I have more Civil War re-pro shirtings than I have Thimbleberries, as not many stores carry Thimbleberries anymore.

Anyway. I figured I SHOW you how insane or stupid or Quilt Pox afflicted  dedicated I am to getting a good start on this quilt!

One of the girls in my guild nearly has her's completed. She's doing it in Batiks & her LIGHTS are a smokey green color & she's calling hers ...wait for it.....you're never gonna beleive it....."SMOKE RINGS". Yep Smoke Rings. I laughed out loud when she told me that. But you have to know Diane before you could really understand her! She doens't have the internet, so maybe she'll let me take a picture of HERS & post it on my blog. I hope so. Hers is gorgeous.

Well that's it for tonight kiddos!

I hear my pillow calling me.

Sam

No comments: