Saturday, November 19, 2011

Quilting

I have not done too much quilting lately. Not my own & not for others. Not sure why. Mostly Want To, I guess. I have so many projects going that it's hard for me to decide which one I want to drag out.......silly me! I even THOUGHT about starting another project. Not happening. I have 2 quilts to get quilted for QB1 - they are christmas presents for some of the kiddie members of her family. I actually had to turn down a quilt this month. I wish I hadn't but I did. My long arm quilting is limited to edge-to-edge pantograph quilting. the quilt that needed quilting had a design feature in it of a flange between the body of the quilt & the outer border. Do you know what I'm referring to? I can't quilt over it. I don't see my quilting as limited, but I didn't think "this" was the time for me to branch out & try custom quilting. I'm no where ready to do that type of quilting & maybe I'll never be. Who knows. I actually spent some time in the studio tonight quilting on some sheets (I need a blanket for the car for the dog...quilting on sheets is not such a good idea, the thread count on sheets is so high & tight that the needle skips stitches.......ANYWAY...) I was doing a pantograph that I did earleir this month. Bubbles! It's a CUTE pantograph, and I wanted to do it on soemthing I'd see a lot. Well, I decided to TRY some feathers & such...and some fillers...boy I really am rotten at it. I'll stick to pantographs! Brown thread on white sheets isn't such a good idea anyway....but hey, i was looking at STITCHES, and the dog don't care no way.

I think I'll get Devan's Quilt (niece #7..) out & try & finish it. I did not promise it as a Christmas gift, but I'd feel better about my progress if I had it done & quilted & shipped to California. Before she outgrows the color scheme. (Lime Green & Hot Pink, I don't think I could sleep with that!)

Just wanted to check in & let "all my followers" (tee hee, like there's a million...) know that I have not dropped off the face of the earth. I'll post pictures when I have something new.

Sam

1 comment:

Barb said...

Sometimes when you have alot to do...nothing gets done. Hope you were able to get something done.