Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Checking In

Nothing *new* going on. I decided I was NOT going to put a bow tie border on the hugs & kisses quilt. I made ONE side & got very discouraged. I'm just going to slap borders on it & be done. Done is good, and I'll LIKE the quilt a whole lot more after i don't spend mountains of time on it.

Been working on some of the paper peiced pineapple blocks. I have 20 that I am working on, and 37 finished. That means I only lack 39 more for the body portion & 43 for the borders. Will I finish it in 2010? Don't know. Maybe. I want too, but not enough to work on those blocks exclusively.

Cut out a HUGE amount of 2 inch strips & subcut to 5 inces long & then into 2X2 inch squares. Wat for? SPOOLS! Going to swap some with Joan (sorry, I lack the know how to link names to blogs...) Joan is one of the blogs that I follow. She is a wonderful woman. She has a beautiful family too - her blog is called "Keeping You in Stitches" I hope that MY endeavors are good enough to be included in her SPOOL quilt. She is an EXCELLENT quilter!

Last Saturday (02/13) QB1 & QB2 & I went shop hopping of sorts. We got pictures & I'll post them when I get copies. a grand time! I spent every dime. Fabric, fabric & MORE fabric. AND some patterns. Boy! I love Whittles.........

Also been working on some magazine holders from mailing boxes. Those are coming out GREAT! I bought brown paper to cover them, but I don't like it as much as I think I'll like paint or fabric. Wonderful idea.

I cut out some primary colored fabrics to take to Alabama this weekend. My freind, Leslie, is going to embroider the alphabet on the blocks which will go into the grandbaby's I-SPY Quilt! I am SO excited about those alphabets. A few name blocks too.

Have not done any other sewing. Other than what I have mentioned. 2 weeks ago I made 4 baby shirts. you'll have to check THOSE out on my sewing/craft blog @ www.samsewsandcrafts.blogspot.com (also on my side bar. Seems silly to "foloow" my own blog, don't it????

This weekend is MY weekend to drive down to Alabama to visit with DD#2 & her husband & the GRANDBABY. Prince Charming has made the baby a toy box & DD#2 a hope chest. Same pattern......different uses. (he has also made one for DD#1 with an inlaid star in a different color wood - lastly he's making one for ME!) I will be taking both the toy chest & the hope chest down with me. Providing they BOTH fit in my wagon. Weather isn't nice enough to drive the truck. On my way back up to come home, I'll be visiting with my freind Kat & Leslie. I'll be happy to see all. VERY BUSY WEEKEND COMING UP !!!!!!!!!

Good night all! My feather pillows are calling me!

SAm

1 comment:

Mia's Cottage said...

I am doing a spool exchange too! How funny is that. We are doing it in our feirndship group. OK... Ryan got married?? If I'm reading it right. Could be wrong!
Donna