Monday, September 16, 2019

Bindings!

I spent ALL DAY Sunday sewing down the binding on the Wild & Goosey Quilt. I watched movies on Netflix. It was binding or housework. You see who won???

Next up is the binding on my Everlasting Wreath Quilt. 368 inches.

Normally I machine sew the binding to the back & flip it to the front & hand sew it down. But because I had these custom quilted, I'm doing it the opposite (normal I guess???) way. I decided to use up the left over scraps from the backings & make the bindings the same as the backing. They are both scrap quilts, so it' certainly does NOT look odd.

This little jobbie is a "Binding Baby". It works well enough. Probably better on smaller quilts that require less binding. All it has to do is keep the binding from twisting and it does that fabulously.

M

No comments: