Monday, October 2, 2017

Catching Up

Let me start by saying...that I pretty much SUCK at maintaining blog posts. Big Time! July? It's been since JULY that I have posted on my blog???? Terrible. Just terrible.


My husband stopped smoking. 1st time in 30 years I have seen him NOT smoke. It's been over 3 weeks now. Drawback? Um....he never stays still. We work on something EVERY weekend. We still take breaks, but there are less of them.


I HAVE been sewing. I have been working on multiple projects. Mostly on the Ravens Wing Quilt, but I decided to put that away so that I can get my Everlasting Wreath Quilt as least the piecing completed before another year gets here.


I have had a lot of time consumed by quilt show preparations. I don't think it's going to be huge, but I also know that my guild won't ask "me" again to chair one. There is a lot of work involved that I didn't plan on & could never get done without some help from my friends. Bless them.  It definitely aggravates me that .... never mind...I'm not going there. It's going to sound ugly & I don't want to do that. Not today.


I have 3 dogs. They are all approximately the same age. Within a year or less of each other in age. Here are some photos of my German Shepherd Dog - Briscoe. I had named him after Jerry Orbach from Law & Order. We watched that show a lot many years ago & when I got him as a puppy, we needed to come up with  "B" name. My Briscoe is a perfect example of very bad breeding. He had skin issues, brittle bones & brittle teeth. He had major orthopedic surgery when he was 3 to remove a piece of bone that broke off in his elbow. It cost a LOT of money & he had to be kept from running or jumping for 6 weeks after that surgery. After that? it was really down hill on the arthritis for him. Winters were getting more & more difficult. He got to the point that he could barely get up. We tried Rymadyl. It was ineffective. So he suffered. It just got so bad. So before his body decided to totally give up on him, I made the right decision, but most difficult to have him put to sleep. It was really hard. Very hard. The vet gave him a sedative 1st & he yelped & cried. I felt like the biggest asshole on earth.  We had borrowed a backhoe in order to dig a grave deep enough & big enough to bury my Briscoe. He was still at 110 pounds. I miss him. I miss him badly & it's very difficult to speak about him without crying. I hate having to make that decision.


                                                             Rest In Peace Briscoe






I have had some wood working plans for a quilt ladder for several years. We had intensions of making some, but things just always get busy. You know how it is, I am sure. Anyway - in September  he built 2 of them for me. We put just polyurethane on one  - leaving it a natural color& then he stained the 2nd one a dark oak..  The screws & the nut inserts are roughly $40 just for one. Not including the cost of lumber. I took one to my quilt guild meeting to see if I could get any orders. I was asking $200 for one. Delivered. No takers. I was disappointed, as these are better than some I've seen at regional quilt shows!


Excuse the appearance of sepia tones...I took this photo with my cell phone at night in my living room.





This is the darker stained one. In one of our spare bedrooms.


I really like that they hold more than 3 & that you can see more of the patterns & colors of the quilts. Maybe I can batt my baby blues & get a few more made!! I have SO MANY quilts! I need lots of quilt ladders. LOL



Anyway, folks, that's as much catching up as I have time to journal today. Maybe I won't be so forgetful or negligent of my blog in the future!

Talk to Y'all Later
M









No comments: