Sunday, July 28, 2013

Progress - On Point!

Today is a simply GORGEOUS day outside. Very low humidity & what do I spend my day doing? Well of course! Sewing!

Here is ONE block. I think I have 80 done.



Here is the first corner, minus the corner setting triangle. I put those on last so I don't lose the other ones in the process.



I am glad that I decided to set them on point, did that because if I straight set them, I think I'll need more blocks....but now that they're set on point? I think I'll have too many! We shall see.

The fabric that I am using is from my stash. I think I had more than 4 yards of it. I do not know how long I have had it aging it in my stash either. I picked it becasue I knew I'd need great big squares to cut the setting triangles out of (18.5 inches) and I didn't want it to be directional or BROWN since I am using a solid chocolate brown for the sashing. Don't be fooled, I had lots & lots to choose from in my stash, this stuff just looked like it would blend well enough NOT to compete with all the prints in the blocks and allow the blocks to look like they are flaoting. It works & I like it. And that's all that matters!

At this moment, I am going to put one more row on & then I am going to go bake a Banana Pound Cake. I have some over ripe bananas & want to USE them instead of tossing them. I am also going to bake a Blueberry Strusel Braid too, but I'll have to run to the sotre for some breadsticks dough for those!

Talk to Y'all Later!

Sam

No comments: